Monday, January 4, 2016

FIRSTS BY LAURIE ELIZABETH FLYNN

Image result for firsts by laurie elizabeth flynn
Source: Recieved an ARC
Genre:YA Contemporary
Publishing House: St. Martin's Griffin
# of pages: 320
Publishing Date: January 5th, 2016
MY RATE: Definitely 4.9 out of 5


MY OPINIONS AND THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK:
SO at first I thought it was too slow but as it went on I couldn't believe that I got completely sucked into the book like that. This is one of the first authors from which I've read in a long time the gave me the ability to believe in the main character even if in another point of view I would have hated it! I got the opportunity to connect with this character in a way that happens one in a hundred.

I think that Laurie Elizabeth Flynn has now gotten my stamp of approval and whenever someone asks me why I like to read (it happens all the time, believe me) I will say that it's because of authors like Laurie. Even though this book was an advanced uncorrected proof, it was neatly written and perfectly expressed. The only problem was that it took so long to get into the interesting part that I had to postpone reading it, so when the other day I got some free time because my finals were over. I opened the book  and it was as if a switched turn on in my brain changing all of my priorities into finishing that book. I don't know about anyone else but that's how I know it's a good book.

So my diagnosis is if anyone tells me that Laurie Elizabeth has another a book I won't think twice of finding it.

THOUGHTS ON PLOT:
When I read this book I got confused about the mom, which I think was the only problem, I think she should have had better development because instead of untangling her self and turn more interesting she only got more and more confusing. I think Mercy had the biggest character development in the entire book. I know, I know, she's the main character, so she is supposed to have some type of development but in most books I've read that's not what happens. Here? OMG I almost died when I started noticing her changes.

Behind it all I just kept thinking the same thing, this freaking book has an amazing lesson. Most people would think that they believe that it has another one but this is mine. I think the lesson is to actions cannot be taken back, no matter what you do there is no time machine to help you fix your problems. So think 3,942.5 times before acting because you might regret your actions.


MY SHIP: Mercy and Zach are the only ship that I love! Mercedes + Zach= Mach!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Pre-order it in the following sources:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And before you leave, take a half wrapped cat
 
cat christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment